It is essential that Celebrate Recovery groups are maintain a high level of safety and integrity. Here are some general guidelines and rules regarding group settings.
- Always keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings, Use “I” and “me” statements. Please limit your sharing to three to five minutes.
- There will be no cross talk please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in a dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group! The only exception is when someone threatens to harm themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups CAN:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths, and hopes with others that are also going through a Christ-centered recovery.
- Provide you with a leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit and who will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular Step each week. The leader will also follow Celebrate Recovery’s group guidelines.
- Provide you with the opportunity to find an Accountability Partner or a Sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups WILL NOT:
- Attempt to offer any professional advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- At your request, we can provide you with a list of approved counseling referrals.
- Allow its members to attempt to “fix” one another.